Monday, August 24, 2015

After the Ending

http://www.amazon.com/After-Ending-1-Lindsey-Fairleigh-ebook/dp/B00BJDUBLU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1440405469&sr=1-1&keywords=after+the+ending
Click on the pic to get your copy
My opinion.
 
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley for review and the title and cover prompted me to request a copy.
Although this may sound like a negative review it is not.
I do not like this method of what I now call 50 shades rip off of telling a big chunk of information via communication in this case email in a whorld where nothing works apart apparently for 3 or 4G and Wi Fi.  This is never used to contact people other that our two.... girls.  In which they communicate almost daily but it never occurs to them to contact help or other loved ones.
This was annoying and made no sense and I disliked reading all these communications for it was truly nothing more than a dump of information about each woman's sex drive.
The second thing that bugged me, it is a very, very, very long read and with a lot of cutting the pacing would have been improved which would automatically have made this a better read.
Now that I told you what I did not like, let me assure you, you will probably stick with the book to the end for you soon find that you are rooting for one girl or the other or both. 
I think, based on the writing that this is aimed at the YA market but I would not give it to a too young YA.  16 + would be my recommendation. 
 
Blurb
 
The first book in the emotionally charged post-apocalyptic romance series: THE ENDING SERIES.

The Virus spread. Billions died. The Ending began. We may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed us.

When people started getting sick, "they" thought it was just the flu. My roommate, my boyfriend, my family...they're all gone now. I got sick too. I should have died with them--with the rest of the world--but I didn't. I thought witnessing the human population almost disappear off the face of the earth was the craziest thing I'd ever experience. I was so wrong. My name is Dani O'Connor, I'm twenty-six-years-old, and I survived The Ending.

The Virus changed everything. The world I knew is gone, and life is backwards. We've all had to start over. I've been stripped of my home, my dreams...all that is me. I'm someone else now--broken and changed. Other survivors' memories and emotions haunt me. They invade my mind until I can no longer separate them from my own. I won't let them consume me. I can't. My name is Zoe Cartwright, I'm twenty-six-years-old, and I survived The Ending.

We've been inseparable for most of our lives, and now our friendship is all we have left. The aftermath of the Virus has stranded us on opposite sides of the United States. Trusting strangers, making sacrifices, killing--we'll do anything to reach one another. Fear and pain may be unavoidable, but we're strong...we're survivors. But to continue surviving in this unfamiliar world plagued by Crazies and strange new abilities, we have to adapt. We have to evolve.

And more than anything, we have to find each other.

*Contains some mature content and language*

After the Ending is the compelling first installment in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi series that features intense action, crippling fear, addictive prose, and a touch of romance. Pick up this different take on the dystopian genre for free and start your new favorite series today!

THE ENDING SERIES:
Book 1 - After The Ending
Book 2 - Into The Fire
Book 3 - Out Of The Ashes
Book 4 - Before The Dawn (TBR 2015)

THE ENDING BEGINNINGS:
I - Carlos
II - Mandy
III - Vanessa
IV - Jake
V - Clara
VI - Jake & Clara

1 comment:

  1. I actually liked the book. I gave it a 4 rating but there were some things that didn't make sense to me such as they have internet but no cell phones? Like really. I need to get the others in the series as after the ending I was left going OH NO!!!

    ReplyDelete