Monday, March 16, 2015

Reading is not always the only good thing for the soul. And since I read tons, I should know.

So here is what my weekend consisted off with high-lights only.

I started with this;

and this;

The above container is one of a set.  The set and the dove have some sentimental value to me so I decided it is time to do something about them and my CURB value.

So I asked on Facebook.  Easiest and cheapest way to strip rust etc from iron.

The answer  



Yes as easy as pie.  Coca-Cola and steel wool.  Let me tell you, it works like a charm.  Lots less labour intensive.  


So soon I went from the above to the in between stage where hope is born.


And not long after that I was left with this  ---


And what does this mean apart from new nice colour in my garden.
It means I tried something for the first time in a long time and did it without pain or injury. Thus I got a boost for my ego.

It also means I now am looking forward to pushing more boundaries, totally self imposed in the near future.

It also means that I was out in the sun shine sweating like a pig, playing with the dogs and getting a physical and a mental detox.

Which all adds up to this.

A happier Wanda.

So here is my challenge to you.

When was the last time YOU did something for the FIRST TIME?


No comments:

Post a Comment