Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Book Review of Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 4) by Felicity Heaton



 Book Title: Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 4)
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 302
Author: Felicity Heaton
Date Published: 6 January 2015

Synopsis:

A jaguar shifter with a dark secret, Kyter has spent his entire life running from his demons. When a tragedy takes him back to his pride’s village, he is set on a path of vengeance that will see him collide with the terrible ghosts of his past and a beautiful vision of his future.

Iolanthe deals in finding artefacts for discerning clients, but this time her client is one of the deadliest men in Hell and her mission has the highest stakes imaginable. Failure is not an option when your life is on the line, but things take a dangerous turn when she crosses paths with a handsome and mysterious male on the hunt for the same artefact—a male who declares she is his eternal mate.

Can Iolanthe resist Kyter’s wicked allure and find the artefact before he does? Can Kyter face his demons and win the heart of his fated female? Or will this deadly game of cat and mouse claim both of their lives?

Review:


Hunted by a Jaguar (Eternal Mates, #4)Hunted by a Jaguar by Felicity Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fourth book in the Eternal Mates Series. I loved it!

First off, I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE the covers used in this series. Every one of them that I have seen are extremely drool worthy, and I would seriously consider hanging these up on my walls if they were available as posters. However, as they are not, I will just have to drool over my Kindle.

Kyter is a character who was introduced in the first book of the series, Kissed by a Dark Prince. He intrigued me from the start, so I am now glad to have read his story. I really liked this intense cat! He's so sexy! However, he also has a vulnerability about him I couldn't help but fall in love with. He may be a jaguar shifter, but he has a dark secret, which is not so secret to his pride. He has endured and survived terrible abuse because of this secret, which drove him from his home in the jungle to the bright lights and urban sprawl of London where he runs his nightclub, Underworld. When he sees a mysterious beauty in the street and their paths cross, Kyter is stunned. Can he convince her that they are meant to be together as Eternal Mates?

Iolanthe is a fantastic character. I really liked her feisty, take-no-prisoners attitude. She is very independent, and hates giving up control of her life. She is a treasure seeker (think a female Indiana Jones), who has been tasked with finding an artefact for a dangerous client who happens to be a demon. When she meets Kyter, sparks fly, but can she overcome her fear of losing control long enough to find true happiness?

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book, and pre-ordered my copy as soon as it became available.

I started to read it as soon as I could and was quickly swept away. The scenes were so well described that I felt like I was actually there, in amongst the action. I really wanted to get my hands on the village elder of Kyter's pride, due to what he perpetuated and allowed to happen in Kyter's formative years. Sadly, since he is a fictional character, I cannot. But, if these events not happened to a younger Kyter, would he be the same person he is today? I am not so sure. However, as the events did happen, it gave me a deeper appreciation for the man he is now.

There is a cameo appearance by Payne, one of the characters from the Erotic Vampire Theatre series. He is only in one scene, so if you blink, you may just miss him. I enjoyed that scene though. Another character makes a welcome appearance in this series, and that character is Bleu. At first, I was surprised by his appearance in the story, but since he is friendly with Kyter and when his relationship to Iolanthe comes to light, it made perfect sense. The reader is also introduced to Cavanaugh, another cat shifter, who works for Kyter at Underworld. He has issues of his own, and I am looking forward to finding out what they are in the future.

The story is full of action and danger in the form of demons who happen to also be assassins. What was not fully explained, I felt, was what the demons wanted with Barafnir. However, that was a minor irritant to me. Other readers may not have the same reaction. There are several twists and turns in this tale, which kept me hooked from beginning to end. I found myself on an emotional roller coaster ride throughout the story. There is a fantastic fight scene featuring Kyter, Iolanthe, Bleu and Barafnir, which had me sitting on the edge of my seat. This is one thing I love about this author - her flair for describing battle scenes in such detail that I can not only picture it, but smell it and feel like I'm actually there! I cannot wait for the next book in the series, Craved by an Alpha, which is due to be released soon.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is number one on my favourite authors list!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons and demons. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


            

No comments:

Post a Comment