Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Audio book review -- Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

Now you have to agree this is a stunning cover.  Click on it to go to Amazon to get your copy....

About this book on Audio

AUDIOBOOK
UNABRIDGED
Audiobook/B003X3HJVO/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1413896872&sr=1-1



Here is more about the plot....

First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes...a baby carriage? Isn’t that what all women want? Not so for Claudia Parr. And just as she gives up on finding a man who feels the same way, she meets warm, wonderful Ben. Things seem too good to be true when they fall in love and agree to buck tradition with a satisfying, child-free marriage. Then the unexpected occurs: one of them has a change of heart.


Now here is my review.  

 three puppy read.  

**** SPOILER ****

I listened to this on audio. If I had to read it I might have given up the moment Claudia decides that after 35 years of not wanting children, she would go ahead and have a baby or two as long as she can spend some time with her very irritating ex husband.

Now at 41 the one thing I have never wanted was a baby, the idea alone makes me shudder. I will not be a good mother. I know that, the fact that I don't want to be one adds fuel to that fire....
By 35 I have never changed my mind and by now, I still have not lived to regret my decision. Now do not misunderstand me..... I am not one of those woman who secretly yearns for a multiple orifice spewing little thing that I wish were mine if only.... as far as I know I am able to have a baby, I simply do not want to. So this protagonists desire to make a 360 degree turn and "offer" to bear children as long as she can have her man back.... that is so wrong.

So why did I keep listening. Cause audio makes for fun cleaning, cooking etc and not even Claudia acting like a 13 year old could keep me from what was other wise a good listen.


Click on the pic to go to audible for your copy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment