Monday, July 14, 2014

Say your sorry by Michael Robotham

Click on the pic to get your copy via Amazon.com

Blurb

As per Amazon
 August 14, 2012
My name is Piper Hadley and I went missing on the last Saturday of the summer holidays three years ago. 



When Piper and her friend Tash disappeared, there was a huge police search, but they were never found. Now Tash, reaching breaking point at the abuse their captor has inflicted on them, has escaped, promising to come back for Piper. 



Clinical psychologist Joe O'Loughlin and his stalwart companion, ex-cop Vincent Ruiz, force the police to re-open the case after Joe is called in to assess the possible killer of a couple in their own home and finds a connection to the missing girls. But they are racing against time to save Piper from someone with an evil, calculating and twisted mind...

My review

I must admit.  It took me a long time to really get into this book.  Why? Due to the time lapse between the here and now and when the saga begins, illuminated by one of the girls, Pipers' writing. This reminded me so much of The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and I hated that book. 
So I read my copy on and off.  Who can blame me? I am a huge Robotham fan so I hoped it would turn out not to run on the same track as The Lovely Bones.

The moment when Robotham made the two time lines merge, I was hooked.  Less graphic than some of his other books.  Less gory and less psychologically potent, this book is more about relationships.  The relationship between Tash and Piper.  Ruiz and our hero.  The town and the girls, the police force and an outsider.  And I loved it.

The book is brilliant and as always well worth the time it takes to read.  So go on.  Get your copy and explore as Joe grows more and more but what and where he ends up is not necessarily part of his plan.  

WaAr.  

No comments:

Post a Comment