Thursday, June 12, 2014

Audio/Book Review of Tiger's Destiny (Tiger's Curse series #4) by Colleen Houck



Synopsis:

With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Adaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal. It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume of the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tiger's' true destiny once and for all.

Review:


Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fourth book in the Tiger's Curse series. I LOVED it!

I again downloaded this as an audio book, as I wanted to read it, but just didn't have time. Annika Boras again narrated the tale, and she did another fantastic job.

Kelsey Hayes has grown in character and personality. It has been a pleasure to watch her grow from a teen full of angst into a woman who could face deadly challenges and become stronger (not only physically, but emotionally). However, that being said, I still wanted to either slap her or shake her on occasion. She is a rather stubborn character, who lets her emotions cloud her judgement. However, she has to make a choice that could be the ultimate sacrifice.

The story continues, and sees the trio of Kelsey, Ren and Kishan having to complete the fourth and final challenge to release the men from the curse that makes them change into tigers. This story was, in my opinion, one of the most emotional, and emotionally draining, rollercoaster rides of the series. There is plenty of danger, suspense, mythology and romance, and there are certainly a lot of twists and turns. Lokesh is disgustingly evil and cruel, and made my skin crawl. He is one of the scariest villains out there. The challenge to get the final piece, the Rope of Fire, is fraught with danger and Kelsey has to face her deepest fears. I am glad that Ren has gotten his memory back, but Kelsey is a stubborn woman! A character I have grown to love is killed off in this book, and I was left devastated; I had tears streaming down my face as I listened to the scene. There is also a bit of time travel in this story, and we meet Annamika, a warrior in an Indian army fighting a demon. I liked Annamika. She is a fierce warrior, a great leader and a loving sister, but she has a formidable mission ahead of her; She will need all of Kelsey's, Ren's and Kishan's help to fulfill it.There was definite chemistry between Annimika and Kishan, and though the sniping was a little juvenile at times, I could sense the passion behind the words. This story has some amazing battle scenes that were so well described, I felt like I was in the midst of it. The story has a heart wrenching twist near the end, but there is also a wedding. The ending, though not having a huge cliffhanger, has left me looking forward to listening/reading the next book in the series. However, since I don't know when it will be ready, I will console myself by reading the prequel novella, Tiger's Promise, which has just been released.

Colleen Houck has written another fantastic YA adventure. I love her writing style, which is fast paced and exciting, without being rushed and the flow is wonderful. Her research into myths and legends seems to have been rather thorough, but well embellished with poetic licence. This made the story seem more believable in places, but also a bit far fetched in others. This is not a complaint, because I like stretching my beliefs, especially in entertainment. It keeps things interesting.

I highly recommend this book if you love YA, Mythology, Romance or Action/Adventure genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment