Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ailsa Fabian -- A Shining Space

Book Description

 March 25, 2014
“I started almost at once to write about her, in the hope that something of the miracle of love and life that she had been for us could be saved from oblivion and shared with others. ” 
Based on memories recorded whilst the essence of her vibrant self was still vividly present, the story has a unique immediacy, along with the atmosphere, scope and narrative pace of a novel. A Shining Space: A Daughter’s Life will appeal in general to fans of biographies, and will resonate with both young and beareaved parents.


A Shining Space: A Daughter’s Life is the biography of Sarah Eugenie Fabian, who died suddenly at the age of five, after a fortunate and happy life. It is also the story of a mother’s conversion from ignorance and indifference about babies to astonished love and admiration – and the postponement of a career for a period of full-time parenthood. 

*****+

My review
“I started almost at once to write about her, in the hope that something of the miracle of love and life that she had been for us could be saved from oblivion and shared with others. ”

I had no idea what I was letting myself into when I started reading this book.  I expected angst, and sorrow, what I found was a celebration of life of a girl that died at 5 and changed her parents life not with her death but with her life. 

I loved this, I am not sure who I would recommend it to since the blurb says recommended to new parents etc, but I disagree, I don't have children and for me this book was written to make sure Sarah lived on, became something for everybody not only her parents so I guess I will recommend it to everybody. 

Well written in novel format so the read is relatively easy this is a book I will not forget with ease. 


WaAr

No comments:

Post a Comment