Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Book Review of Prophecy: Caelestis & Aurorea (Vampires Realm Romance Series Book 2) by Felicity Heaton



Synopsis:

In a world of darkness and danger, Prophecy will fight to her limit to save the vampire she loves and stop a terrible evil from unleashing Hell on earth.

A female vampire on the brink of discovering the true depth of her extraordinary power, Prophecy's strength of heart is put to the test when her blood brother, Arkalus, and Valentine's lord set in motion a terrible plan that threatens to destroy her. Old friends turn their backs on her, unlikely allies come to her aid, and with the help of the dangerously seductive Lord Hyperion, the scroll that foretells her true destiny is completed, but nothing can prepare Valentine and Prophecy for what lies ahead.

When her visions show her the dark path they must take, will Prophecy and Valentine be able to do what is necessary to win against the mounting threat of a mysterious enemy?

Following on from Prophecy: Child of Light, the tension rises and love grows in Prophecy: Caelestis & Aurorea, a thrilling second part to the trilogy that draws you into a dark, exhilarating world of vampires, werewolves, magic and the war to end all wars.


Review:


Prophecy: Caelestis and Aurorea (Vampires Realm, #2)Prophecy: Caelestis and Aurorea by Felicity E. Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Vampires Realm Romance Series. I loved it!

Prophecy is a fantastic character. She is a very headstrong and determined young woman. Not only is she a vampire, she finds out she is a powerful witch. I liked her very much.

Valentine is also a fantastic character. He is one of the most charismatic vampire characters I have come across in a novel. He is absolutely drool-worthy! I think I'm in love with him!

This story continues on from the end of the first book. Prophecy is devastated after the abduction of Valentine. Trying to track him down, she gains the assistance of Venturi, the new head of the Tenebrae clan - one of the five vampire dynastic families. Venturi is an interesting character. He is quite the charmer, but can be lethal when required. The Tenebrae have a reputation of being fierce warriors, and Venturi is most certainly a formidable one. I liked him very much, and if I wasn't in love with Valentine myself, I would certainly love to be charmed by this vampire!

This story is a fast paced, action packed sequel that had me hooked from the first page! I love paranormal romances, but I am not overly fond of love triangles. However, Venturi and Valentine are polar opposites, and it was interesting to see how Prophecy dealt with the attentions of another male, considering she had such a sheltered upbringing, and very little experience with the matters of the heart. The story is interestingly told from three points of view: Prophecy, Valentine and Venturi, which gives the reader the opportunity to see their thoughts and feelings. There are a few twists and turns in this tale that kept me guessing as to what would happen next. I must admit that I was a little disappointed when I came to the end of the story, because I wanted to keep reading; it ends on a bit of a cliffhanger - be warned! Luckily, the third book, Prophecy: Dark Moon Rising, is on my Kindle and will be read at the earliest opportunity!

I am a huge fan of Felicity Heaton's books. I love her fast paced writing style, which flows beautifully, and the way her characters come to life on the page. Her attention to detail sparks my imagination, and that is why I love her work so much. I will keep reading her books for as long as she keeps writing them, and beyond. She is number one on my favourite authors list.

There are a few steamy scenes that, although not too explicit, are extremely hot! Therefore, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love paranormal romances with an excellent story, combined with sexy vampires, werewolves and witches. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


            

No comments:

Post a Comment