Monday, February 17, 2014

Book Review of Fruzzle's Mystery Talent: A Bed Time Fantasy Story (Children's book ages 3-10) by Karen Bruggeman



Synopsis:

Fruzzles sure look different than us, but deep down we all have a lot in common. We see others with great talents and we wonder what ours will be. Everyone of us has a special talent to discover and Fruzzles are no different.
Meet "Brown" Fruzzle and follow along as "Wizard" Fruzzle helps him to explore the many different talents. See if you can help Brown figure out what his talent is and find out if he ever discovers it.

Bonus: After you read the story, go back and see if you can find all the swirls, beginning with the town. The answer is on the copyright page. 


Review:


Fruzzle's Mystery Talent: A Bed Time Fantasy Story for Children ages 3-10Fruzzle's Mystery Talent: A Bed Time Fantasy Story for Children ages 3-10 by Karen Brueggeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a fantastic children's book for both boys and girls from the ages of 3 to 10. I loved it!

Brown Fruzzle is a very sad character whilst he tries to figure out what his "special" talent is. I felt for him, because I am still trying to figure out my "special" talent and I'm an adult! I loved being on his journey with him!

This is a super little story that captured my attention from the first page! There are some amazing illustrations that are bright and colourful, which will appeal to a youngster's eye's. The illustrator, Briana Paddock, did a wonderful job bringing the Fruzzle's to life. The story is a voyage of discovery, and how one finds his or her purpose/talent in life. Fruzzle's come in all shapes, but they all start off as brown. Once they find their talent they change colour, which represents their talent. I found myself smiling at the story, because it has such a powerfully positive message about not giving up. Brown Fruzzle finds his talent, and it is one that I wish was more prevalent in this jaded world of ours. At the end of the book, there is a mini challenge for the youngsters to do, which will keep them occupied whilst they try and count all the swirls. (For older readers mostly).

Karen Bruggeman has written a fantastic children's book that not only has a wonderful story that flowed beautifully, she has created some amazing friends for youngsters to grow up with. It's highly entertaining and educational. I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.

I highly recommend this book as a bedtime story for children aged 3 to 6, a read along story to those aged 5 to 7 and a read alone story for those aged 8 - 10 (depending on reading ability). I also recommend it to adults who love to read children's books. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


                 

No comments:

Post a Comment