Thursday, December 19, 2013

Book Review of Deathless (The Blue Fire Saga #2) by Scott Prussing

Synopsis:

Deathless is book two in The Blue Fire Saga, a paranormal romance series filled with passion, suspense and supernatural danger. Summary:

After rescuing her brother from th
e caverns of a vampire coven and helping to cure her mother of a vampire bite, Leesa Nyland hopes she’s done dealing with all things supernatural. All she wants to do now is enjoy college life—and to figure out how to kiss her vampire hunter boyfriend without his magical fire burning her to a crisp. She doesn’t think that’s too much to ask.

So she’s not too happy when she begins dreaming of rotting bodies emerging from their graves, and she likes it even less when the terrifying dreams begin to come true. When objects around her start moving seemingly on their own accord, she figures that’s more than enough. It’s a good thing she doesn’t know about the powerful vampire who has sworn vengeance against her…


Review:


Deathless (The Blue Fire Saga, #2)Deathless by Scott Prussing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book in The Blue Fire Saga. I loved it!

Leesa Nyland is a fascinating character. She is a typical teen, except for the fact that her mother was bitten by a one fanged vampire whilst carrying her. She is a feisty woman, who has faced danger and won. However, she is about to face an even greater challenge. I really liked this character. She is reckless at times, but it is her loyalty, bravery and love for her friends and family that makes this character stand out for me.

I have been meaning to read this book for some time; It has been sat on my Kindle, staring at me since April last year. I finally managed to get to it, and realised that I am a total idiot for not reading it sooner! I was quickly swept up in the story and carried away by the descriptions and the characters.
I enjoyed meeting Rave, Leesa's volkaane (vampire hunting) boyfriend, again. He is still trying to learn how to control his fire, so that he and Leesa can kiss for longer than a few seconds without killing her. This is quite challenging, but he obviously loves Leesa and will do anything to protect her. The story is told from mostly Leesa's point of view, but there are some other characters that have their say, namely Rave, Edwina and Stefan. Edwina is still sore from losing her feeder (Leesa's brother, Bradley), and wants revenge. Will she get it? We are also introduced to a new character called Dominic, who also has his say. This man has more than his fair share of secrets, and I was a bit unsure of him at first. However, as the story progressed, I began to like him. There are several twists in this story that kept me hooked; one of them being the zombies in Leesa's visions/dreams. What were their purpose? This question was buzzing around my head for a while, and when the answer was revealed, a shiver went up my spine! When her dreams become a reality, Leesa is thrown into a war of magical proportions! There is action, danger, magic and romance aplenty in this book, and I am most definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Helpless, in the not too distant future!

Scott Prussing has written a fantastic YA Paranormal Romance! I love his writing style, which is fast paced but not rushed. I also love the way the story flows from scene to scene. His descriptive words brought the characters to life. I am adding him to my favourite author's list.

As there is no swearing or any scenes of a sexual nature beyond kissing (so far), I recommend this book (and series) to teens aged 15+. However, I also highly recommend this book (and series) if you love YA, Paranormal Romances or Action/Adventure genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


       

No comments:

Post a Comment