Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Book Review of The Christmas Project (A Christmas Story for Children) by Nicola Palmer


Synopsis:

A festive story for children aged 9+ 

Something peculiar is happening in Trundleford. Grandad has disappeared, it has been snowing for months and Christmas lights have appeared from nowhere. Then there are the new neighbours – the strangest people Billy has ever met.
Determined to find out what’s going on, eleven-year-old Billy launches an investigation which leads to a disturbing discovery. Can he keep such a big secret?
When the mysterious neighbours are invited for dinner, this could turn in to the worst Christmas ever. But then Christmas is full of surprises ... 


Review:


The Christmas ProjectThe Christmas Project by Nicola Palmer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is another fantastic Christmas story for children aged 9+ from this author. I loved it!

Billy Neale is a bright, smart and inquisitive young man. I really liked him a lot. He lives in a village called Trundleford in England, which is normally quite dull and boring, but a mysterious event occurs and Billy is determined to find out the truth. What he finds out will change his life forever!

This is a fabulous story that kept me hooked from the first page! I loved the way the story unfolded. The mystery of the continuous snow, and the whereabouts of Billy's missing Grandad, plus the mysterious Christmas decorations that keep popping up kept me intrigued. Then I met the Bells, Billy's neighbours. They are a strange bunch! They are Noel, Gloria and Joy. Talk about eccentric! I loved meeting them. Their strangeness hides a secret that had me wondering "What if?". I'm not going to say much more, because I don't want to put spoilers in. However, I will say that this book is an adventure from beginning to end!

Nicola Palmer is an author with a vivid imagination. Her characters are likable and very lifelike; her writing style is fast paced, but easy for young readers to follow. She is one of my favourite YA authors, but if she decides to branch out into another genre, I would definitely read her work!

I highly recommend this book for both boys and girls aged 9+ as a stocking filler, or a "just because" book. However, I also recommend this book to adults who love reading the younger YA genre. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


          

No comments:

Post a Comment