Friday, November 15, 2013

Book Review of Fury of Ice (Dragonfury Series #2) by Coreene Callahan



Synopsis:

Homicide detective Angela Keen thrives on the city’s rough streets. But when she becomes the prize of all prizes in the dragon-shifter world due to her “high-energy” status, she gets more than she bargained for. Kidnapped by Lothair of the Razorback clan, Angela barely survives captivity before managing to escape. Hurt and alone with nowhere to hide, she faces certain death when Lothair uses the trace energy she leaves in her wake to hunt her down. But before he can reach her, a mystery dragon-shifter intervenes and saves Angela’s life.

Now a guest of the Nightfury clan, Angela regains her strength as her rescuer, Rikar, the last living frost dragon, gradually breaks down her mistrust. Surrendering to her desire for Rikar, but still uncertain of her feelings, Angela goes against his wishes and agrees to be used as bait to lure Lothair into the open. As the battle commences, the true struggle comes from within: Will Angela return home to the life she loves, or forsake it all to be with Rikar?


Review:


Fury of Ice (Dragonfury, #2)Fury of Ice by Coreene Callahan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Dragonfury Series. I loved it!

Angela Keen is a fantastic character. She is a very strong willed, independent woman, who knows what she wants. She is a homicide detective, on the trail of a serial killer. I liked her when I met her in Fury of Fire. It was nice to get to know her better.

Rikar is a fantastic character too. He is second in command to the Nightfury leader, and a frost dragon with amazing powers. He is charismatic, but slightly taciturn. He has the alpha male vibe going on, which I love!

I got a copy of this in audio book, so I could listen to it whilst doing chores. It was narrated by the same person who narrated Fury of Fire. Benjamin L. Darcie did a fantastic job reading this story. His narration brought the characters to life.

The story sort of follows on from Fury of Fire, but introduces new characters and has a slightly different plot line, but with a common thread weaving through the tale. This gives the series a feeling of continuation. I was hooked from the first line! It was an exciting and riveting read! I really enjoyed meeting a few more of the Nightfuries. These characters are just as hot as Rikar and Bastian, and I am looking forward to reading their stories in the future. Especially Mac's, Venom's and Forge's.
Lothair is the second in command of the Razorbacks, and is not a very nice person/dragon. He made my skin crawl!
Ivar (leader of the Razorbacks) is just as sick, if not sicker, and is still doing his mad scientist experiments.

The story is full of twists and turns, and has another fantastic battle scene (or two) which I could picture with ease. The descriptions of which was vivid and rather violent, but what else could it be when there are dragons involved? The story is told from several points of view, which made it a very interesting read. I must admit that I am not overly fond of swearing in media, and rarely if ever swear myself, but the f-bombs were only slightly less noticeable in this story. Although, it could be that I was becoming desensitized. I hope not, because sometimes there is no need for use of excessive swearing in books, or in life. I believe that using foul language is a lazy way of speaking, and shows a lack of vocabulary. Others may disagree with me, but this is just my opinion. Foul language notwithstanding, I am looking forward to reading/listening to Fury of Seduction, the next book in the series.

Coreene Callahan has written a fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that kept me hooked from the first page!

Due to the use of foul language and the explicit sexual scenes, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, if you love hot and spicy paranormal romances, then this book is for you! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


          

No comments:

Post a Comment