Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Cross Roads by William P Young, author of The Shack!

Welcome all!


Cross Roads by William Paul Young
Narrated by Roger Mueller

Let's start with the narration of the book.  
The narrator Roger Mueller did a brilliant job in making each and every character come alive and be easily identifiable.  Never going over the top. This narrator reads the book like it is written.  In everyday language for everyday people with a lesson of the divine.

Now onto the book.  

After reading The Shack I found a genre in Christian literature I could identify with and could wholeheartedly engage with.  None of the usual preachy narrative instead a good old fashioned simple explanation of our import in the greater scheme of things even if we are not worthy.

Thus when I found Cross Roads I jumped on the chance to listen to it on audio books and I wasted no time in doing so.

I was not disappointed.  Again none of my pet peeves in Christian literature came to the fore.  Instead I found a story that the author in the end in his epilogue sums up perfectly.  "A Love that we are not powerful enough to change.

I am not going to go into character growth, the books is centered on the theme.  I am not going into world building as Tony in the book said; he is no gardener he gets landscape artists in to do the job for him and what a job they did.  Pace and fluency of story line is obvious in the fact that I cried my eyes out several times during the book and again in the epilogue.  You'll need to read it to understand what I mean.
No, I am going to tell you that if, like me, you are a believer but find Christian fiction lacking or overbearing then fear not.  This is NOT one of those books.  Read it, cry if you want.  Take my word for it.  It is worth it. 

WaAr

Amazon purchase link



No comments:

Post a Comment