Thursday, June 13, 2013

Book Review of Mr. Softee (A Dev Haskell Novel) by Mike Faricy

Mr. SofteeMr. Softee by Mike Faricy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is another Dev Haskell novel. I LOVED IT!

Dev Haskell is a skirt chasing, beer drinking, lovable Private Investigator. I love him to bits, but sometimes I want to throttle him too! I honestly don't know if he has a guardian angel looking after him, but he seems to get into trouble at a drop of a hat!

In this page turner of a book, he is hired by Mr. Softee, an Ice Cream mogul, to provide protection. What happens next is a wild ride of explosions, car chases, mistaken identity, double cross and murder!
This is a fantastic story that had me shaking my head at Dev's antics at one moment, and marveling at how someone can have such bad luck the next! I was hooked from the first page! I loved meeting Tony "Dog" Colli. He is decidedly crazy, but I can understand why Dev is his friend; His hygiene habits leave a lot to be desired though! *shudder!!*
I am most definitely looking forward to reading more of Dev's adventures in the future!

Mike Faricy is a fantastic author! I love his writing style. It is fast paced, but it is also witty. He is one of my favourite authors, and I will read any of his books in the future.

I highly recommend this book if you love detective fiction that is highly addictive! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment