Saturday, May 25, 2013

Book Review of In His Honor by Crystal Cattabriga

In His HonorIn His Honor by Crystal Cattabriga
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book of a YA Christian series written by Crystal Cattabriga. I loved it!

Bobby McCallister is a fantastic character! He is a thoughtful, loving son and I fell in love with him when I first read Saving Bobby, where he was a 12 year old with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Now, he's a strapping 18 year old, and heading to war.

This is a story that touched me very deeply. Although not as emotionally wrenching as Saving Bobby, this story still managed to have an impact. This book has Christian beliefs, but it is not preachy at all. As I don't have any close family fighting in a war that I feel is wrong, my heart goes out to all those families that do. It is the sacrifice that they (and characters like Bobby) make to keep us safe, that makes me proud of the men and women that serve their respective countries. These people are exceptional.
Bobby is no less so, even though he is fictional (or is he?). I really connected to this character, and although I am not overly religious, I respect his beliefs. As I read his story, I struggled to put this book down! In fact, I read this book in one afternoon! Bobby's journey is full of danger, but it is also filled with love. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

Crystal Cattabriga is an amazing author! She brings her characters to life on the page! I love her writing style, which is extremely fluid and fast paced. She is one of my favourite authors, and I will read any of her books in the future.

I highly recommend this book if you love YA Christian Fiction and even if you are not religious at all. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment