Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Book Review of Genevieve - A Witchblood Story (Witchblood Series) by Emma Mills

'Genevieve' - A Witchblood Novelette'Genevieve' - A Witchblood Novelette by Emma Mills
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in the Witchblood Series, but it is a novelette and not a novel. I loved it!

First off, I would like to say that I LOVE the cover! It's quite striking!

Genevieve is a fascinating character. I really liked her when I first met her as Eva in Witchblood (Book 1 of the series). She is not focused on much in that book, so reading this novelette brought her to life more. I loved her independent streak, even though the time she lived in frowned on such forward thinking in their women!

This novelette, although short, has a wealth of descriptive text woven into a compelling tale of one woman's attempt to survive against the odds. I was a bit surprised at how willingly Genevieve accepted being turned into a vampire. Although, after giving it some thought, I suppose the alternative (death) was less appealing! I was also a bit unsure of Sebastian and his motives at first, but realised that he loved Genevieve and wanted to look after her. I still don't like his character though, and I cannot explain why. It's just a feeling I have after reading the other books.

Emma Mills has written another page turner! I was a bit disappointed when I reached the end of the book though; I felt it could have been a bit longer! I am now looking forward to reading any books by this author in the future.

I highly recommend this book if you love YA or paranormal romance. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment