Saturday, April 27, 2013

Scary Stories with Twist Endings Vol 1Scary Stories with Twist Endings Vol 1 by John M.W. Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

Having previously read Wacky Stories With Twist Endings by the same author, I was looking forward to reading these scary stories.

This book contains eight short stories. Each story is well written, and contain moments of humour and/or horror. Unfortunately, I did not find them particularly scary. Yes, some of them were macabre, and there were definitely twists to the endings on all of them, but there was nothing that made me want to hide behind the sofa. I did find them to be a highly entertaining read, don't get me wrong! I have the utmost respect for this author, and do not mean any offence. I cannot put my finger on why these stories weren't scary for me. Perhaps it's because I have read some really chilling horror stories in the past, or it's because I'm not easily scared. However, as I have said, I did enjoy reading this book and I would definitely read more of this author's work in the future.

John M.W. Smith has written a fantastic anthology that thoroughly entertained me. I'm just sorry that I didn't find them scary! I do not recommend this book for younger readers due to there being some gruesome scenes, but I recommend this book if you are looking for a quick, entertaining and scary read! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment