Monday, March 25, 2013

Mark of the Mage: Scribes of Medeisia Book IMark of the Mage: Scribes of Medeisia Book I by R.K. Ryals
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the first book in a new series by R.K. Ryals. I absolutely LOVED it!

Drastona (Stone) Consta-Mayria is a fantastic character! She is only sixteen years old, but she wants to be a scribe. She is more comfortable with old books and texts than dealing with people. She is naive and sheltered, but when she is thrown out of her home and marked as a scribe, she is unprepared for the danger and adventure that awaits.

This is a fantastic new series that held my attention from the first page! I struggled to put it down, and was extremely annoyed when I had to - going to sleep could wait! Having read other books by this author, I was extremely excited to get my hands on this book, and it did not disappoint. I was torn between liking Kyle and hating him. He is intense and focused. He eventually won me over, and I have now got a book crush on him! Lochlen is another fantastic character. I have a feeling he's a consummate flirt! It doesn't hurt that he's a dragon either! These two characters (Kyle and Lochlen) are complete opposites, but somehow, they compliment each other; It doesn't hurt that they are friends. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

R.K. Ryals has done it again! This is a fast paced action adventure that has captured my imagination. This is a YA novel that is full of magic, talking trees, animals and dragons! It is an exciting start to a new series! I highly recommend this series if you love YA. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment