Sunday, July 01, 2012

Celtic Storms, Book 1 in the Celtic Steel series written by Delaney Rhodes
Celtic Storms
Celtic Steel Series, Book 1

Darina O'Malley watched the sun set in the bay from the great tower in O'Malley castle. She said a silent prayer for her cousin, Kyra, hoping the message that was delivered to the MacCahan's did not spell sudden doom for her and her people. If what her Uncle Ruarc had told her was true, she was to be married to a stranger in nearly a fort night, and her world would turn upside down.

The realization that her clan held secrets which could destroy them forever - chilled her blood. Who was this son of a Laird that she was betrothed to and how would he react when he learned the truth

My review.
Now for those who may not know, I am not a fan of romance, at all.  I try to avoid it if I can.  But this book, with the basic premise romance got my attention.  Not the romance, the human frailty of the main male character, the strong personality of the main female character, the rich and fragrant backdrop against which the story plays off had me turn page after page.  Fragrant? Yes, fragrant, one can almost smell the rivers, the sea, the horses, the dampness of the castle etc.  All served to add substance to a story which already had me enthralled. 
The characters are richly portrayed, the story is told with enough sub plots to keep me entertained and wondering what will happen next, the basic love story soon becomes the sub plot.  So who would love this book, romance lovers and abhorrers of romance will all enjoy this book.  I loved the fact that the mail was not a perfect specimen in every way, for that matter, the main female is not perfect in every way either.  I loved the fact that their humanity adds so much to their characters that you mentally go and name and associate them with people you know or knew.
Considering that it is a love story that had me so enthralled, I cannot help but give it an 8 * pant review rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment