Monday, March 26, 2012

My review of Forever!

Blurb via Goodreads
Book two in the Guardian series.
Hannah’s life has never been easy, despite her strong willed determination and her extra “gifts”, it's still always been hard work keeping an entire world full of the supernatural under control, but having achieved a small semblance of control over most of the custas, Hannah was hoping to be able to slip back into her life of normalcy. Wishful thinking when you're the guardian of all supernatural.
With all the issues she’d had to endure in her past, she'd never had to worry about the mermaids before, so why would they choose now to suddenly start haunting her dreams and her life. Then there are the fairies to contend with as well, just when she manages to get one aspect of the crudelitas under control, the others decide it’s time to start causing problems.
All Hannah wants is some quiet family time and a chance to reflect on her feelings for Gabriel but instead she's thrown back into the thick of the supernatural world, and this time it threatens to invade the quiet family life she has worked so hard to establish. There's no running away this time, she has to front the challenges head on, but forever can be a long time if you can't be with the one you love
.
My review
So beside the point that I at 99% through the book on my Kindle realized that Gillian named me in the book, she said I am the best admin a girl can ever have!  Well despite that, I was once again enchanted by the book.
It is rare for me to find a sequel in trilogy which is even remotely as good as the original book.  For the second time this year I found a sequel not only as good but even better than the first book in the trilogy.  This makes me very excited to read the third book in the trilogy.  Oh and good news, It may not be a trilogy any longer, it might turn out in a series.  Goodness knows Hannah has enough to keep us busy for the next three hundred years.
The story begins fast and the pace keeps up throughout the book until it ends in a smashing finalè.  Hannah's desperate attempts to keep her children safe is crumbling around her and in an attempt to keep them safe she is pulled into situations she normally would not have engaged in.  This lands her into deep trouble and with possibly two more lethal enemies. 
Hannah's character is so human and unique that I go, oh my gosh, is that what it sounds like when I pout?  Gabriel, Sam, Bernard et al returns to play even more prevalent and pivotal roles in this book.  Gabriel is still perfectly perfect but this book will have you sympathize with him more than ever before.  Bernard seems to have a new love interest although he would never admit it and Sam is obsessed with Hannah's children.  A new character is introduced.  Hannah's biological rebirth mother.  (No I do not have that part wrong.  When you are Hannah, having two biological mothers is only of one those things.  Hannah's mother serves to ground the story and brings a warm texture to the story the way cream does to cappuccino.  I really learned to love her in this book and can't remember when last I was this invested in a fictional characters return to health.
It is very hard to tell you guys anything more about the actual story line without giving away plot twists.  The story is fast, intricate and rich.   
I do however feel I need to share two very important issues with you.  Firstly, both the second and the first books end with little if any loose ends.  I love this aspect since it means until I read the next book I do not walk around with unanswered questions in my head.  I find this a very big plus in this and any other book.
Secondly, although the characters from the first book all (if they lived through the first that is) return to the second book, if you as reader should choose to read the second and not the first you will not be left wondering what or who they are, they are introduced naturally and logically back into the story one by one.  Aah scrap previous comment I have three and not two things I need to say.  The third thing, if you read the second book back to back to the first you will find that very little of the first book is repeated.  The little information that is repeated is essential and serves to refresh the readers' memory more than anything else.
So that is what I needed to tell you about the book.  Now I can tell you what I want…… THIS IS A MUST READ.
I really enjoyed the book and found myself rooting for the weirdest characters in the book.  Once a book has me rooting for some and wishing others would disappear like an aspiring in water, I know I have a great book.  So go, read it, I guarantee that if you like paranormal with a hint of intrigue and dash of action and a fair share of romance, then this is the book for you…..
I give this book a 7 ******* review rating, I will recommend it to my best friend to read, I walked through the house reading it and in between chores I made a point of reading one more page.  Until close to the end that is, at which point I started to delay the inevitable, I did not want the book to end.
Here is her FB page link.  http://www.facebook.com/Guardiannovel
Gillian, your the best..... !

No comments:

Post a Comment